Uncovering Business Value from Environmental, Social and Governance Factors
Companies that standout in their industries are at the forefront of quality and sustainability efforts, creating an alliance between technology, innovation, and operational excellence. Occupational safety and health (OHS) professionals working in organizations are integral to sustainability and operational excellence. More than ever companies are measuring and disclosing their performance around environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. By doing this, companies are able to reduce financial risks and uncover business opportunities. Moreover, record amounts of capital are flowing towards companies who do good. Industry speakers, Aaron Morales, Account Director at Trucost, part of S&P Global is responsible for helping companies understand their sustainability, ESG challenges and impacts and identifying solutions to support business decisions. Rob Polito, ACTS Sales Manager at Intelex, discusses how sustainability management systems can help organizations achieve their operational, EHS, and quality goals.In this webinar you will learn:
- The current sustainability landscape.
- How companies uncover value through ESG.
- Practical examples of risk reduction related to carbon pricing and water pricing.
- How physical risks threaten companies’ assets and how to understand your exposure.
- The need for reliable, consistent and relevant metrics for return on sustainability efforts.
- Current work on leading metrics for sustainability and how they support operational excellence.
- Strategies to reduce and manage risks related to environment and operational excellence.