Not only does the Intelex System allow for optimal organization and distribution of documents, manuals, and procedures, it increases internal accountability ensuring health and safety issues are dealt with in a timely fashion. Using Intelex to ensure the effectiveness of our performance provides a safer environment for employees, contractors, and in our case, the public.
Trans-Northern Pipelines Inc. (TNPI) has been in operation since 1952 and delivers refined petroleum products to major cities and airports in southern Ontario and western Quebec. The company is a federally regulated firm under the jurisdiction of the National Energy Board and is a member company of the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association. Trans-Northern Pipelines Inc. is utilizing Intelex’s Safety Management System and Environmental Management Modules Suite.
- Wanted means of improving efficiency in processing integrity concerns including health and safety issues.
- Required reliable system able to withhold scrutiny of external auditing process.
- Needed means of making internal documentation and procedures accessible organization wide.
- Desired a system that could encompass health and safety standards as well as ensuring overall regulatory compliance.
- Implemented Intelex’s Safety Management System (SMS) targeting timely and accurate processing of health and safety related issues.
- Uniquely configured the Intelex System to suit several specific risk areas of business.
- In depth training provided by Intelex Client Services Team facilitated understanding of configured workflow, responsibilities, and tasks received through system.
- Use of Document Control System allowed appropriate literature to become available to employees organization wide.
- Effective roll out of Intelex Safety Management System (SMS) has helped increase employee health and safety processing and accountability.
- Intuitive workflow and ease of system usability allow users to easily understand end goals and objectives.
- Effective training by the Intelex Client Services Team has allowed Trans-Northern Pipelines to better manage health and safety issues.
- Plan to utilize iForm System to further enhance specific risk management processes.
Alan Conquergood, President