SUEZ North America is an American water service company that operates water utilities and provides water and wastewater services to municipalities in the United States and Canada, treating 560 million gallons of water and over 440 million gallons of wastewater each day.
- Required an automated document management system to capture, report, analyze, and correct hazards across a number of facilities because paper spreadsheets were becoming too cumbersome.
- Wanted to be a leader in the use of technology for safety
- Wanted to Improve employee engagement in the safety management system.
- Needed to take a risk-based approach for prevention of severe potential injuries.
- EHS Incident Reporting and Management software for capturing, reporting, analyzing, and correcting hazards.
- Use of mobile through which employees can report hazards and access data.
- Creation of dashboards and automatic reports to provide managers and senior leaders with insight into incidents.
- Communication Management software to generate notifications and emails for safety-related information.
- Use of root cause analysis and observations to determine the severity of incidents.
- Employees and managers have access to real-time data.
- Brought the Days Away Restricted or Transferred (DART) rate down by 24% and its Workers’ Compensation Experience Modification Rate (EMR) down by 41%.
- Increased employee engagement, with a 10-fold increase in incidents reported by employees.
- Maintained a leadership position in its industry when it comes to health and safety, with a Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) significantly lower than the industry average.