Founded in 1829, RIT is an internationally recognized leader in professional and career-oriented education enrolling more than 15,000 students in eight colleges. The University uses Intelex's Environmental Management System.
- Wanted to be compliant with ISO 14001 standards, facilitating the possibility of certification in the future.
- Needed to implement a system to effectively identify and resolve regulatory noncompliance and negate undue administrative inefficiencies.
- Wanted to implement a system that was robust enough to be customized for managing not only internal objectives, but also external regulations such as OSHA and fire inspections.
- Needed to ensure all internal compliance inspections and external audits would be passed in the short and long term.
- Required a system that could support the growth and evolving goals of the organization.
- Implemented Intelex’s Environmental Management System.
- Special focus on Nonconformances and Corrective/Preventative Actions.
- Intelex’s knowledgeable staff aided the organization in selecting and customizing a solution that would successfully meet their short and long term goals.
- On site “train-the-trainers” sessions by Intelex’s staff provided training for the organizations.
- Very satisified with the organization’s achieved level of environmental compliance performance.
- Ability to effectively track, report and manage regulatory noncompliance issues.
- Successfully implemented a management system to ensure environmental, fire, and OSHA related compliance are effectively and responsibly monitored, tracked and reported on a continual basis.
- Ability to sustain compliance and pass all internal and external inspections and audits in the short and long term.
- Confident in the system’s ability to support and facilitate the organization’s evolving needs, such as cataloguing on campus environmental exposures, and formalizing the associated legal requirements.