"Intelex’s modular system allowed us to select the solutions that were best for us. The system has played an important role in our ability to both reach TS 16949 certification and maintain it in the future."
Johnson Matthey is a specialty chemicals company focused on its core skills in catalysts, precious metals and specialty chemicals. Johnson Matthey uses a number of different Intelex systems for its various business management endeavours.
- Wanted to become TS 16949 certified in a timely manner .
- Wanted to work with a solutions-focused company to determine what their needs were, and to create a solution to best meet the organization’s needs.
- Required an automated document management system to replace the redundancy and inefficiencies of their paper-based system .
- Wanted to employ an automated nonconformance reporting system to streamline their related business processes .
- Needed a system that could effectively sync the interrelated activities at three separate plant locations.
- Careful needs analysis allowed for the organization to select the solutions appropriate for their needs .
- Special focus on Document Control, Nonconformance, Corrective/Preventative Actions, Training Management and Audits Management.
- Intelex’s client services and technical support staff provides excellent ongoing support, aiding the organization to best utilize their system .
- Seamless implementation allowed for quick deployment and usage of the Intelex System
- Attained TS 16949 certification in a short period of time.
- Document Control System has streamlined their business processes, increasing the efficiency of their document approval process and eliminating approximately 98% of their paperwork .
- Successfully employing the Intelex nonconformance reporting system, streamlining the workflow by tracking the review, monitoring, reporting and follow-up actions required to continually improve performance .
- The user friendly interface of Intelex’s web-based system has allowed the organization to roll-out the system to their various locations, integrating their management systems, and providing real time reporting to appropriate staff.
Beege Johnston, Regional Quality Systems Specialist