Metso Minerals a is leading global supplier of equipment, service and process solutions to industries including quarrying and aggregates production, mining and minerals processing, construction and civil engineering, and recycling and waste management. In 2008, Metso chose the Intelex Safety Management System to manage all of their corporate health & safety efforts world-wide. The global implementation of the Intelex Safety Management System is scheduled for completion in early 2009.
- Implement standardized health & safety practices across all locations.
- Ensure health & safety issues and practices are effectively monitored by the Global Health & Safety Team, remotely and in real-time.
- Measure safety practices and results from locations relative to one another.
- Emphasize improved health & safety practices and performance by targeting locations requiring most improvement.
- Implemented Intelex’s Safety Management System (SMS) focused primarily on standardized Safety Incident Reporting and Document Control.
- Configured incident forms to meet specific location requirements Development of a Global Performance Dashboard to effectively monitor health & safety.
- Built a safety library accessible worldwide through Document Control.
- Effective roll out of Intelex’s Safety Management System allowing supervisors to accurately report safety incidents.
- Ability to effectively monitor safety incidents and practices across locations having rolled out the Intelex Safety Management System.
- Safety policies and practices available for immediate reference through Document Control.
- Future plans include rolling out remaining Intelex Safety Management System Modules to all Metso Mineral global locations.
MIIRSM DipSM Global Manager, Health & Safety Life Cycle Services
"With employees working around the clock in 32 different countries, understanding and controlling what happens from a health and safety point of view is critical. The Intelex Safety Management System provides the biggest cure and solution as we’re able to see the whole Metso Minerals world on one single page."