Every day of the year, workers lose their lives on the job, and many more suffer a catastrophic injury. Almost all are preventable. Intelex Technologies, the leading software provider of Environment, Health, Safety, and Quality Management, has been capturing data on the events leading up to workplace incidents, the circumstances surrounding them, and the after-effects for over a decade. With experience from over 1,000 companies worldwide and over 1 million users, Intelex has assembled a Data Science team to help unlock answers on prevention of workplace injury and death. It is early days, but there are key Big Data-driven insights that challenge how companies have been approaching workplace safety up to now.
In the white paper “Saving Lives and Limbs With Big Data,” Intelex Data Science Advisor Dr. Gary Edwards, challenges the traditional Safety Triangle as the ultimate guide to safety and explains their Data Science findings that have the potential for eliminating the most catastrophic incidences. He explores the power of leadership and the importance of tracking leading indicators in making significant strides in safety gains. Five Data Science considerations are offered to improve Health and Safety:
1. Measure and predict success, not just failure
2. Build statistical competence for improving safety
3. Go the extra mile, recording behavioral observations of near-misses, hazards, and unsafe behaviors
4. Lead from the top, empower from the bottom
5. Be transformational, adopting a Health and Safety maturity curve with transformational leadership as the key to success.
Complete this form to receive your free copy of the whitepaper.