"What puts Intelex ahead of their competitors is their iForms system and the ease of customizing the forms to fit the company and its processes versus changing a company’s processes to fit the forms. Being able to create our own parameters and customize the system’s language was a huge benefit in fostering the comfort level of all our users to the new system."
The Port of Houston is a 25-mile-long complex of diversified public and private facilities located just a few hours' sailing time from the Gulf of Mexico. The port is ranked first in the United States in foreign waterborne tonnage and second in the U.S. in total tonnage. The Port of Houston is made up of the Port of Houston Authority and the 150-plus private industrial companies along the Houston Ship Channel. All together, the port authority and its neighbors along the ship channel are a large and vibrant component to the regional economy. The Port of Houston is using Intelex’s Environmental Management System, Hazardous Materials Management Module, and iForms® system.
- Wanted to implement a new environmental management system to replace laborious non-web-based software.
- Required a system that would support and maintain ISO standards, manage and track all documents, and foster internal correspondence.
- Needed to get all personnel, from ground-level employees to senior management, engaged in utilizing new software system.
- Desired a streamlined message center that would allow for organization-wide correspondence.
- Required a system that could be easily navigated by all employees, in all systems and modules.
- Utilizing Intelex’s EMS system to maintain ISO 14001: 2004 standards for environmental excellence.
- Achieving success with a Document Control System that tracks and manages all internal documents.
- Using Intelex’s Reporting Suite to calculate and monitor KPIs to facilitate in making important business decisions.
- Successfully using Document Control, Message Center and the hierarchical notification system to review and approve documents, assign and complete tasks, and verify or comment on follow-up actions, as well as for internal correspondence.
- Currently working with an Intelex Project Consultant to develop a Waste Management iForm Module.
- Implemented Intelex’s 100% web-based Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Received on-site training and continually participate in Intelex’s online training webinars.
- Trained and encouraged all personnel, from ground-level employees to senior management, to utilize the Intelex System.
- Improved internal communication by implementing Intelex’s Message Center.
- Created reports and charts to measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Completed the upgrade to Intelex 5 that included over 160 new features and functionality.