Campbell Soup Company is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soups and sauces, baked snacks, and healthy beverages. The company's products are sold in more than 120 countries. Campbell Soup’s North America Soup, Sauces and Beverages business includes more than 20 brands, nearly 7,000 employees, and 11 production facilities in the United States and Canada. Campbell Soup Company is utilizing Intelex's Environmental Management System, Refrigerant and Water Management, Checklist Builder, and iForms® System.
- Replace Campbell’s fragmented Environmental Metrics Management System (EMMS) with a singular in-house, auditable and corporate social responsibility-compliant system supporting ISO 14001 standards.
Campbell’s selected a combination of Intelex software applications, which operates on the web-based Intelex platform, creating an Environmental Metrics Management System that addresses each of their requirements and facilitates comprehensive data tracking and reporting and provides a 360-degree view into their organization’s environmental and sustainability performance.
- All environmental data maintained in one centralized, online database, reducing time and resources needed to retrieve data and improving employee productivity and organizational efficiency
- Provides easy access to the system for all approved users across all locations right up to the corporate level.
- Easily customizable for company-specific applications and data needs with little or no IT support.
- Ability to view and retrieve accurate environmental metrics data for sustainability and environmental reporting instantly through real-time reports and dashboards.
- Easily analyze data from all organizational levels for benchmarking purposes.
- Provides the data tracking and trending tools needed to quickly and accurately measure achievements of strategic environmental and sustainability goals.
- Provides tools for scheduling tasks, collecting and managing records, and tracking training requirements.
- Provides ability to determine potential data gaps and to demonstrate or maintain compliance with legal requirements and conformance to voluntary standards.
Training & Support
- Collaborative web portal Intelex-Exchange provides users with access to free training webinars, training materials and a user discussion forum.
BA With an EMS consisting of 7 stand alone systems, each addressing a different aspect of their environmental management program, Campbell’s wanted to overcome the limitations of this fragmented approach and unify the functions of these stand-alone systems within one integrated solution.
Limitations of Previous EMS
- Previous EMS consisted of 7 stand alone systems, 5 inhouse and 2 purchased systems.
- Subsystems managed by various corporate personnel causing inconsistent documentation.
- Access to data from subsystems was limited by availability of corporate personnel.
- Gathering and disseminating environmental metrics data was time consuming.
- Unable to assess the overall compliance of individual locations and company as a whole.
Requirements for New EMS
- Web-based system accessible to employees globally.
- Hierarchical security functionality to control access by job and location.
- Ability to import and unify historical data from previous EMS.
- Provide comprehensive environmental management, energy and sustainability tracking.
- Maintain a historical record of all environmental activities for internal and external audit purposes.
- Facilitate real-time environmental and sustainability data reporting, trending and analysis.
- Ability to develop company specific applications without need for IT support.