Most of our team is based in Toronto but we are opening up this position to interested candidates from across all of Ontario and British Columbia.
The Corporate Events Manager is an exciting, high profile role within our marketing department that drives successful, effective and professional management of our corporate and industry tradeshows, end user and partner conferences, and other key events. This role goes beyond just logistics planning and there’s plenty of room for strategy, creativity, fun, and making a huge impact on our brand awareness and our bottom line. If you’re someone who wants to provide powerful event ‘experiences’, keep reading.
Let’s get the standard stuff out of the way. If you were to work in this role, you would be responsible for planning, managing, and implementing physical and online events and conferences that drive demand, generate leads, and build brand awareness. You will be on the hook for full event management, from sourcing venues, coordinating services and contractors, working with others cross-functionally within Intelex to lock down event messaging and positioning, coordinating event agendas, staffing, speakers, and sponsorship, as well as lead gen to support the overall corporate strategy.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Own the plan. Stay on budget. You will strategically create and execute on the annual event plan and budget with a focus on building Intelex’s brand in the market and generating leads and upsell opportunities for sales.
- Create event experiences. You will work with Intelex’s senior leadership, sales, and marketing teams to turn corporate strategy and messaging into high quality internal and external event experiences that are memorable including our annual end user conference, our partner conference, and sales kickoff.
- Assess what’s new. You will consistently evaluate event opportunities and keep an eye on the competition to make your expert recommendations on our event strategy and presence at key industry conferences to meet our strategic business goals. It isn’t about quantity of events – but more about the quality and our presence.
- Deliver in-person and online events by driving event traffic and engagement through creativity. You have experience in delivering and executing successful physical and online events. Just having a booth at a conference or even online isn’t enough. You will put your best creative thinking to the test to drive booth traffic with contests, promotional opportunities, and other ways to engage prospects in the field.
- Pre and post event marketing, too. You will work closely with other members of the marketing team to deliver pre-event, onsite, and post-event promotion including email blasts, social media alignment, ABM, and close the loop with a lead nurturing plan.
- Listen before you act. You will proactively build bridges and foster strong working teams across the organization to better understand unique needs, objectives, and business challenges that can be addressed through event excellence. You will make a point to understand our target audience, what they care about, and how we are the “aspirin” to their “headaches” and bring that to life in all aspects of our event marketing.
- Deliver event excellence through cross-functional teamwork. Pulling off successful events takes a team of cross-functional contributors. You will confidently lead and influence cross-functional (and sometimes globally dispersed) internal and external teams to establish and communicate objectives, build consensus, remove obstacles, and motivate to deliver best-in-class integrated event and sponsorship activations to deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Measure, report, enhance. You will take a data-driven approach to forecasting, measuring, and analyzing the impact of events on the business and on our opportunity creation. Through your weekly updates and monthly executive reports, you will demonstrate event impact by keeping your eye on the KPI’s that matter and conducting detailed analysis of your events with post mortems to make informed recommendations for future event presence and/or new approaches.
- Reports to the Director, Demand Generation
You are a highly motivated and spirited team player. You know the devil’s in the details and you thrive under pressure and can manage multiple projects – and contributors and stakeholders – at the same time. You’ve been there, done that, and have experience pulling off large end user conferences and employee kickoffs. You are a master at project management and negotiate and plan timelines carefully, proactively and effectively communicating across project teams to advance milestones and adeptly managing competing priorities. You thrive on not only managing and executing events, but also measuring the successes, consistently striving for marketing excellence, seeking continuous improvement, and focusing on delivering business value.
Skills & Work Traits
- Is a superb negotiator and communicator who lives for events and has a passion for event-related marketing
- Is a multi-tasking ninja with relentless follow-up and strong attention to detail
- Is the poster child for the organization, loves project management and also doesn’t mind keeping others on track (PMP certification is a huge asset)
- Has a knack for meeting deadlines under pressure
- Is self-motivated and a go-getter
- Skilled at budget development, management and financial reconciliation
- Demonstrates strong project, people management, and collaboration skills
- Is decisive when needed and embodies grace under pressure
- Thrives on collaboration, problem solving and accomplishing shared goals
- Technology industry conference experience is a huge plus
- Is able to travel up to 25-35% of the time
- Asana, Pardot, Salesforce experience is desired
- 7+ years of corporate experience managing intimate as well as large, complex event formats, with full ownership responsibilities for planning, budget and execution
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.